My^New Years Resolutions:
1. Create a special font for "sarcasm" in online/ chat text messages.
2. Sit on the front porch staring at the sunset long/often enough to get my picture on Google Earth's Satellite images.
3. Continue to use punctuation in my text messages well beyond the point where anyone actually remembers what "those quaint little symbols" stand for.
4. Write a letter to someone who does not do digital. (I'm sure they are out there somewhere!)
5. Take A "Digital Nap" every day, (i.e. shutting off my phone, laptop, tablet, tv, for anything audio or video enabled) for a brief real world "break," without being mistaken for dead or in a coma.
5. Stop wondering, once and for all, about those unanswerable life questions: "How that idiot managed to cheat on the Teacher's Certification Exam to get her teaching license?" "Who in the world 'Rosimelly organg benany golly yamaha sillifilicious justangbeebrgang doffvners phuc' is on my friend's list and why she keeps changing her name every week, and why to a name that long that has broken English words in it?" "Why is it my opinions are always prejudiced bigotry and the opposing views are enlightened?" "Why do visitors call on their cell phone to tell me they are here, instead of knocking on the front door?" And, most importantly... or least importantly... "Why no one wants to buy the world a coke, let you have it your way, or even understand what a 'big mac attack' is and why you expected it with two-all-beef-pattys-special-sauce-lettuce-cheese-pickles-onions-on-a-sesame-seed-bun?"