I've doubted deliverance at different times in my life, like when I told my Pastor at the time (many years ago) that I had lost my home, and my young boys and I were sleeping in our car, and he listened politely, but explained that it wouldn't be appropriate for us to stay with any of the church families because I was a single woman. I cried, and dried my tears, and held on to my faith in a loving God, a God without a body.
Mr. Potato Head
We are blessed by helping each other in two ways. First, we are blessed emotionally because it is so much better to be giving than to be receiving. Second, we are blessed by God, because God's Word says that He will bless us for giving to others.
- "He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done." Proverbs 19:17
- "He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God." Proverbs 14:31
- "The LORD tears down the proud man's house but he keeps the widow's boundaries intact." Proverbs 15:25
- "He who mocks the poor shows contempt for their Maker; whoever gloats over disaster will not go unpunished." Proverbs 17:5
- "If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered." Proverbs 21:13
- "A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor." Proverbs 22:9
- "He who oppresses the poor to increase his wealth and he who gives gifts to the rich — both come to poverty." Proverbs 22:16
- "He who gives to the poor will lack nothing, but he who closes his eyes to them receives many curses." Proverbs 28:27